What Is Lymphedema?
NEPA’s first Lymphatic Center is able to assist with swelling and inflammation.
Lymphedema is how your body responds to several medical issues and can occur as a result of injury, trauma, medications, surgery, or medical conditions like cancer, or can be congenital, genetic or hereditary. This can result in various degrees of swelling in a limb or body part. Inflammatory issues are often related to the lymphatic system.
Contact Us Today
- Do you have a limb that feels heavy, full, or is swollen?
- Have you ever been diagnosed or treated for cancer?
- Do you have a history of any lymph node procedure?
- Have you had radiation therapy?
- Do you have post-surgical swelling?
- Do you have a venous insufficiency?
- Are your legs swollen or red?
- Do you have an autoimmune disease or any pain due to inflammation?
- Do clothes or jewelry ever feel tight due to inflammation/swelling?
- Have you suffered an injury that has resulted in swelling and pain in the area?
- Are you anticipating a surgery due to chronic joint issues that has left that extremity swollen?
- Does your skin feel tight or hard causing you to feel uncomfortable or feel like it can easily open?
- Have you had any vascular issues that have resulted in swelling?
- Do you have wounds that reoccur or don’t seem to ever close?
- Have you experienced multiple infections or cellulitis?
- Do you suffer from any skin conditions that cause irritation?